Three Women mini-Review

 Three Women by Lisa Taddeo

2019

Non-fiction



Three women is a nonfiction book that chronicles female desire in America and how it affects the lives of three women. This is a very personal book- Taddeo immersed herself in the lives and towns of the women she interviewed to properly tell their stories. There was a lot of research put into the book and I could tell how much the author wanted to be accurate for the narrative’s sake and for the women. The three women shared stories in hopes that other women would be able to relate and not feel alone. I’m happy that the women didn’t have to hold their stories in anymore.


That was just about the only parts of the book I can say that I enjoyed. My biggest complaint about the novel is that I think Taddeo could have accomplished her goal using fiction. The author is a journalist, so research and reporting is part of her expertise, but knowing that she spent so many years and this is the end product- eek.


Rating: 2/5: This book didn’t work for me. It’s far from being terrible, but I didn't feel much connection to the women or plot.



Comments

Popular Posts