My Bookish Christmas List for Book Lovers

 (Not sponsored)


It's the Christmas season again! Time to make a Christmas list and check it twice! Over the years, I’ve experienced how difficult it is to try and buy books for any book lover because you never know if they’ve read the book or not. Even though I could buy a bookstore gift card, I’ve always felt gift cards to be a tad impersonal when I’m buying gifts for my best friends. After sitting down to brainstorm a Christmas list for myself and my friends, I believe I've created a list of Christmas gifts with something for every book lover! Along with a couple books that are on my Christmas list, I’ve compiled some more “unusual items'' to give the book lovers in your life! Whether you want to craft the perfect gift basket, find a last minute stocking stuffer or maybe a small treat to indulge yourself, I hope this list has something for you!




1. Books! This one is already obvious, and also bumps the number on the list way past 9 😅.This year, I tried to have books from a couple different genres on my list, and I can’t wait until Christmas to start some of them!
    1. Song of Achilles by Madeleine Miller

    2. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

    3. The Invisible Life of Addie Larue

    4. The Secret History by Donna Tartt

    5. The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien

    6. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

    7. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas




2Candles! I've always felt like candles are the perfect go-to. I've never been unhappy receiving a candle, and they're perfect for creating the perfect reading environment. I also love candles because you can support local and small companies! I especially have my eye on a wintergreen scented one from this east coast candle company.

3. Daytimers/ Yearlong planners! For me, I don't think I could live without my daytimer, which is unfortunately not an exaggeration. It's my way of planning my articles, reviews, school assignments, and overall writing down anything I need to know for the future. This amazing daytimer is from my go-to Canadian brand Paperblanks because I use this planner everyday, yet it still looks like new!



4. Notebooks! I go through these so quickly now between school, notes on the books I’m reading, and journaling. I’m not fancy, and use basic Hilroy scribblers for school and any extra notebooks I have for journaling. I don't think any book lover or writer is ever unhappy to receive a notebook!

5. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate! Again, I feel like this is one of those gifts where it's difficult to go wrong. I love a good warm drink and a good book. If you can, I highly recommend Fairtrade companies. Not only do you know that you're giving a good gift, but also that the people who grew your tea leaves, coffee beans or chocolate pods were fairly paid!



6. Socks! It's a chilly time of year, and I love wearing fuzzy socks while sitting around the house, but also inside of my Doc Marten's for -20c walks to school. 

7. Sticky Notes! If I’m reading a physical book, I rarely take notes in the margins, but I do flag important passages and pages to refer to later. As a lover of stationary, and I'm sure most book lovers are, sticky notes make a perfect thing to throw into any gift last minute. 


8. An e-reader! More expensive, but an awesome and extremely useful gift. You can check out my article here if you want to learn more!

9. A book sleeve! I was only introduced to these about a month ago and I honestly don't know how I've never came across them before! Basically, they're a sleeve to protect your books when you're on the go. While bigger bookstores sell them now, I highly recommend Etsy for finding local sellers near you and support small businesses during the holiday season.






Comments

Popular Posts