How I Review Books


 I'm very excited to announce I have come up with a new rating system! All future reviews will be rated according to this system, and I've updated all past reviews. Here's to more reading!

⭐/5 

  • This book is really below basic expectations 

  • Bad writing, problematic characters, boring/no plot etc.

  •  No motivation to finish, or a DNF

  •  I can write a rant review because I had so many issues 

  • Would not recommend


⭐⭐/5

  • Barely met basic expectations

  • Decent writing, mediocre pacing and characters, and a relatively unproblematic plot 

  • A book that I did not enjoy or feel any attachment to

  • Not so bad that I couldn’t finish it 

  • A book that I would not recommend


⭐⭐⭐/5

  • This is a book that was enjoyable, but didn’t stand out 

  • The writing, plot and characters were good, but not a stand-out in the genre 

  • Basic tropes or concepts

  • This is a book that I likely wouldn’t remember to recommend, or if I did, I would say it had some issues that stopped me from being invested


⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

  • This is a book that was a lot of fun to read. A book that I would want to stay up late reading

  • What stops this book from being five stars is minor issues with writing or characters, but the plot and pacing makes the books extremely enjoyable 

  • Might be missing an extra umph factor 

  • Above average in the genre

  • This is a book that I would recommend 


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

  • This is a book that I loved and wanted to immediately reread

  • If I read this book as a library book, I would immediately buy it

  • A book that has a wow factor and stands out of its genre 

  • Lots of nuance and original 

  • A book I would recommend to anyone that will listen


Comments

Popular Posts