About me!

Welcome to my first ever blog post!


My blog name comes from where I’m from: the east coast. I’m so lucky to have grown up close to the sea, and where I’m from is a huge part of who I am. Most of my summers since childhood have been spent reading on beaches around the province. Or, you could say I’ve been reading on the rocks.

I created this blog to record some of my thoughts on the many books I read. I’ve been an avid reader since I was in elementary school, and my love for books has not faded yet. My first and foremost purpose of this blog is to record my ideas and opinions on the things I read. In doing so, I hope to share my passion for reading and inspire others to try reading something new.


The genres I read are honestly all over the place, especially since I’ve been challenging myself to read outside my comfort zone. I primarily read fiction because I personally find it the most fun, but I try to balance it with non-fiction to expand my view of the world. 


In the fiction genre, I tend to read contemporary, romance, and my favorite: historical fiction. I love history and I think reading fiction is a great way to immerse oneself in the past. I also love classic lit, though I find it weird writing reviews on books that are more than a hundred years old. In the non-fiction genre, I have been reading memoirs lately because it’s so rewarding to read about other people’s lives. Occasionally, I read children’s lit as I revisit favorites from my childhood and to see how much children’s lit is evolving.


I’ve had a lot of fun writing this blog, and also creating content elsewhere! If you like what you’re reading and want to hear more from me, or even give me suggestions, you can follow me on

Comments

Popular Posts